Mnt Rinjani Trekking IV via Sembalun Lawang
Sembalun Lawang - Pelawangan - Cemara Sewu
Depart from Senggigi at 05.00 and drive to Sembalun Lawang. After breakfast (08.30) directly climb up to Pelawangan II ( east Gate ) which takes 8 hours, then have lunch. Overnight on the rim ( Cemara Sewu ) , at 2900 meters above sea level.
Summit - Pelawangan
At 02.00 climb up to the summit, see sunrise and down to Pelawangan for breakfast. At 07.00, leave Pelawangan and go down to the lake which takes 3 hours. Upon arrival, have lunch and set a tent for overnight ( camping )
Creater - Senaru - Senggigi or Mataram
After early breakfast, leave the lake at 07.00 a.m. and climb up to another crater rim which takes 2 hours.Have a little rest and take some pictures for memory.Continue to Post III and will arrive in Senaru in the afternoon. Perama bus is ready to pick you up for a transfer to Senggigi or Mataram.
What To Bring ?
- change of cloths
- boots / hiking shoes
- cap / hat
- flash light
- candy / snack
- personal medicine
- rain coat
- camera or camcorder
The different of Route between Sembalun Lawang and Senaru
Why Sembalun Lawang :
- Trekking point is harder because it is more steeply, hotter (less
- shade), and dusty
- View point on the way : open view of villages and savana
- View point at the rim camp area : apart of the lake view, the new volcano can not be seen clearly
- View point at the crater : we couldn't see the pick of Mt Rinjani
- temperature at camp area : lower thansenaru(colder)
- benefit : we could reach the pick of the mountain on the second day
- trekking point : rain forest. About 1 hour reach the rim, we will pass the most difficult point (walk through the magma stone and sand dune)
- best view point for seeing open view of lake, new volcano from the foot
- till the pick,and marvelous sunset.
- Needs more energy to reach the pick