Mnt Rinjani Trekking 1N/2D
Pick up point - Senaru Village
Leaving from senggigi at 5.00 am, drive further to Senaru and have breakfast.
At 08.00 depart for trekking to post 2. We need about 4 hours and we will have lunch in post 2. From post 2 we go further on to Pelawangan (Senaru) about 8 hours. Have dinner and stay overnight here.
Post 2 - Senaru - Senggigi
Have breakfast and get ready. At 07.00 leaving to post 2 and we need about 3,5 hours and have lunch here. From post 2 we go further on to Senaru we need about 3,5 hours. Senaru and back to Senggigi about 2,5 hours.
The trail from Senaru to the rim is shade and passing the jungle. A lot of trees root that we need to pass by. The hardest point about 1 hours before rim.
What To Bring?
- Trekking Cloth
- Long and Short Pants
- Trekking Shoes
- Hand Gloves
- Flash and Head Light
- Sun Screen
- Rain Coat
- Changing Cloth
- Personal Medicine and needs.
The different of Route between Sembalun Lawang and Senaru
Why Sembalun Lawang :
- Trekking point is harder because it is more steeply, hotter (less
- shade), and dusty
- View point on the way : open view of villages and savana
- View point at the rim camp area : apart of the lake view, the new volcano can not be seen clearly
- View point at the crater : we couldn't see the pick of Mt Rinjani
- temperature at camp area : lower thansenaru(colder)
- benefit : we could reach the pick of the mountain on the second day
- trekking point : rain forest. About 1 hour reach the rim, we will pass the most difficult point (walk through the magma stone and sand dune)
- best view point for seeing open view of lake, new volcano from the foot
- till the pick,and marvelous sunset.
- Needs more energy to reach the pick