Rinjani Submmit 1N/2D
Pickup - Sembalun
Our driver will pick you up at hotel lobby by 04.00-04:30 AM transfer direct to Senaru village. Check in at our office, Breakfast, and Meet the guide and crew for Trekking Briefing, then transfer to Sembalun Village. Register and check in your online entrance ticket at Rinjani National Park Registration Office in Sembalun Lawang (1,156 m).
The trek starts from Sembalun Lawang with the gentle ascend walking through open grassland used as cattle grazing by local people. Resting at Postt 1 Pemantauan (1,300), after about three hours from Sembalun we reach Postt 2 Tengengean (1,500 m) enjoying the beautiful views of Mt. Rinjani summit (3,726 m) while enjoying your lunch.
After another hours ascend to Post 3 Pada Balong (1,800 m), we start the step 3,5 hours climb amidst the pine-like Casuarinas species locally known as Cemara, perhaps seeing evidence of wild pigs and the long-tailed grey macaque monkeys to the camp site at Plawangan II Sembalun crater rim (2,639 m). Crew will set up all necessary gear here (tent, sleeping bag, mattress, pillow and toilet tent) and preparing your dinner.
Rinjani summit - Transfer Hotel
At 02:00 AM starts is necessary for the hard 3-3,5 hours climb to the mt rinjani summit (3,726 m) on volcanic screen. Once there, enjoy proud feelings of satisfaction and the amazing sunrise views across the Wallace Line to Bali, Mt. Agung and Sumbawa. Taking photograph about 1 hours and back descend down to the base camp. Return down the ridge passing numerous edelweiss plants (Bunga Abadi) to the crater rim camp for a well-deserved breakfast. After breakfast you will start 5 Hours descend back down to Sembalun Village, Lunch will serve at Post II or Post I. Trekking will be finish at the same starting point of trekking where the car is waiting for you to transfer to your next destination.
- Porter only will carry all foods and drinks, trekking gears and cooking utensil. You have to carry your personal belonging by yourself.
- Camp areas have to be following the plan itinerary or the condition most of the group member. Decision to change the itinerary will be based on most of group member agreement.
- Guide will mostly assisting the slowest participant, faster participant can go forward with porter.
- Shared Crew (Guide & Porter). 1 Guide will assisting Max 6 guest/Trekker)
- On the way back down to Sembalun Village, you will be assisting by Porter without guide. Guide will be continuing to the lake with the participants that sign up for full package.
- Tent (175 cm X 225 cm), sleeping bag, 6 cm sponge mattress, Pillow, chair, toilet tent.
Things to Bring
- Certificate of health / Doctor Certificate
- Flash light
- Trekking shoes
- Long trek pants (wind proof recommended)
- Windproof jacket and light raincoat
- 2/3 pcs of T-shirts
- 2 pcs of shorts
- Small towel
- Sun glasses
- Sunblock and spray for muscle or balm
- Insect repellent
- Trekking polw